Responsibility Is Our Family Tradition
As a 130-year-old family company, we know that today's decisions shape tomorrow's world. From the ingredients in our products to the way we run our business, we're committed to working every day in order to do what's right for people and the planet for generations to come.
At SC Johnson we are committed to:
- Respecting people and supporting universal human rights
- Adhering to all local laws and regulations regarding products and how they’re made
- Choosing ingredients using our SC Johnson Greenlist™ process
- Reducing emissions, waste, and the use of fossil fuels and minimizing landfill impact
- Contributing to our host communities through philanthropy and volunteerism
We're giving back
In the last 10 years alone, we've given more than USD 235 million to improve quality of life in communities around the world. What’s more, in 2014 we celebrated the 55th anniversary of our philanthropic arm, SC Johnson Giving, Inc., as well as ongoing philanthropy of the company at large, which began decades earlier.
We're making a difference
We now have 10 renewable energy initiatives around the globe to help trim our greenhouse gas emissions. These include wind power in the U.S., Holland, and Mexico; using methane from a public landfill in the U.S.; and burning waste rice husks in Indonesia as a fuel source to heat water for mosquito coil production.
For more information about our how we're investing in people and the planet, visit our online Sustainability Report here.