Our Family Tradition
As a 128-year old family company, we know that todays’s decisions shape tomorrow’s world. From the ingredients in our products to the way we run our business, we’re committed to working every day to do what’s right for people, the planet and generations to come.
Products You Can Trust
As we introduce innovative and quality products that meet the needs of families, everywhere we operate, SC Johnson is committed to:
- Respecting people and supporting universal human rights
- Adhering to all local laws and regulations regarding products and how they’re made
- Choosing more earth-responsible ingredients
- Reducing emissions, waste and the use of fossil fuels, and we’re now looking at new ways to minimize landfill impact, too
- Contributing to our host communities through philanthropic contributions and local volunteerism.
In the last 10 years alone, we’ve given more than $200 million to improve quality of life in communities around the world. What’s more, last year we celebrated the 50th anniversary of our philanthropic arm, the SC Johnson Fund, Inc., as well as ongoing philanthropy of the company at large, which began decades earlier.
Making a Difference
Our commitment to environmental leadership is just as strong. As an example, since 2000, our worldwide factory greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions are down 42%. And 40% of our electricity is now sourced from renewable energy sources including wind power, methane from a public landfill, and burning used palm shells as a fuel source.
Want to know more of our responsibility? You can visit our online 2012 Public Report, which details how we’re investing in people and the planet. Find it here.
A Few of Our Milestones
Launched our first owned and operated windmill, at our largest European manufacturing plant. It generates about 42% of the electricity needed to power the plant.
See the Full History of Our Company »