Our Family Tradition
As a more than 129-year-old family company, we know that today’s decisions shape tomorrow’s world. From the ingredients in our products to the way we run our business, we’re committed to working every day to do what’s right for people, the planet and generations to come.
Products You Can Trust
As we introduce innovative and quality products that meet the needs of families, everywhere we operate, SC Johnson is committed to:
- Respecting people and supporting universal human rights
- Adhering to all local laws and regulations regarding products and how they’re made
- Choosing ingredients using our SC Johnson Greenlist™ process
- Reducing emissions, waste and the use of fossil fuels, and we’re now looking at new ways to minimize landfill impact, too
- Contributing to our host communities through philanthropic contributions and local volunteerism
In the last 10 years alone, we’ve made thousands of charitable contributions exceeding $220 million to improve quality of life in communities around the world. What’s more, in 2014 we celebrated the 55th anniversary of our philanthropic arm, SC Johnson Giving, Inc., as well as ongoing philanthropy of the company at large, which began decades earlier.
Making a Difference
We now have 10 renewable energy initiatives around the globe to help trim our greenhouse gas emissions. These include wind power in the U.S., Holland and Mexico; using methane from a public landfill in the U.S.; and burning waste rice husks in Indonesia as a fuel source to heat water for mosquito coil production.
Want to know more of our responsibility? You can visit our online Sustainability Report, which details how we’re investing in people and the planet. Find it here.
A Few of Our Milestones
Launched our first owned and operated windmill, at our largest European manufacturing plant. It generates about 42% of the electricity needed to power the plant.
See the Full History of Our Company »