Responsibility Is Our Family Tradition
As a 131-year-old family company, we know that today's decisions shape tomorrow's world. From the ingredients in our products to the way we run our business, we're committed to working every day to do what's right for people, the planet and generations to come.
At SC Johnson we are committed to:
- Respecting people and supporting universal human rights
- Adhering to all local laws and regulations regarding products and how they’re made
- Choosing ingredients using our SC Johnson Greenlist™ process
- Reducing emissions, waste and the use of fossil fuels, and minimizing landfill impact
- Getting to net-zero deforestation by 2020 through the sustainable sourcing of pulp, paper, packaging and palm oil.
- Contributing to our host communities through philanthropy and volunteerism
We are giving back
Since 1937, the company has given 5 percent of all pretax profits to charities - areas of giving include: community and economic development; education; environment and sustainability; social services; health and wellness; and art, culture and the humanities. What’s more, for nearly 60 years our charitable foundation, SC Johnson Giving, Inc., has been supporting the communities in which we operate. This further extends the impact of the company at large, whose ongoing philanthropy began decades earlier.
We are making a difference
We now have 15 renewable energy initiatives around the globe to help trim our greenhouse gas emissions. These include wind power in the U.S., The Netherlands, Poland, and Mexico; using methane from a public landfill in the U.S.; solar energy in China, The Netherlands, India, and Indonesia, and burning waste biomass in Indonesia as a fuel source to heat water for mosquito coil production.
For more information about our how we're investing in people and the planet, visit our online Sustainability Report here.